When do you need it? You’ll likely need to set Terms & Conditions if you:
- have different user levels (eg. registered vs non-registered);
- want to set the rules for user behavior (including comments) and state grounds for termination of accounts;
- allow your users to upload content;
- participate in affiliate programs;
- provide advice which can potentially cause harm if misused;
- would like to have some legally enforceable control over, and set rules about, how your product, service or content may be used.
Particular emphasis should be given to copyright and the limitation of liability clauses (and disclaimers), for example when giving advice or promoting affiliate products.