This is a guide for integrating iubenda with Joomla.
What you need for “iubenda & Joomla”
In order to follow through with this guide, you will need:
- A Joomla powered site, with access to the Admin panel (usually you will find the log in at an address such as http://www.example.com/administrator)
Start by accessing the admin panel of your Joomla website: http://www.example.com/administrator.
At this point there are a couple of possibilities:
Joomla pre V3
Integrating iubenda with Joomla preV3 hinges on a plugin called “custom HTML advanced module” on your Joomla account that allows for the integration of custom html into the template files.
- Install the “custom HTML Advanced module“
- This guide by Olark details the process.
The process for Joomla V3 is slightly different.
1. Install the”custom HTML Advanced module” by accessing the Extension Manager.
2. Upload and install the extension into your Joomla site: choose Extensions from the menu bar, then Module Manager from the dropdown menu. When you are on the Module Manager page, you can add a new custom html module or rename/reuse an existing custom html module.
5. When the iubenda embedding code is in place (placed into the Custom HTML textarea) and the module activated on all pages, click Save & Close to finish. Then refresh your page to see if it worked.
On your website you should see something like this: