Here are the most relevant parts:
- The Google Analytics Advertising Features you’ve implemented.
- How you and third-party vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as Google advertising cookies) or other third-party identifiers together.
- How visitors can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features you use, including through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI’s consumer opt-out).
We also encourage you to point users to Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web.
European Union user consent policy
When using Google Analytics Advertising Features, you must also comply with the European Union User Consent Policy.
If you’ve enabled interest-based advertising, including Remarketing, with Google Analytics in connection with other Google services, you must follow the policies applicable to those Google services (like the Google Ads Policy for Personalized advertising and its sensitive category restrictions, and the Platform Program Policies).
If you use Google Analytics to collect sensitive information about your visitors, as described in the Google Ads sensitive category restrictions, you may not use Google Analytics to collect data for the purpose of interest based advertising.
In short, Google asks you to:
- inform users about the Google Analytics features you use;
- obtain end users’ legally valid consent to:
- the collection, sharing, and use of personal data for personalization of ads;
- retain records of consent given by end users and provide end users with clear instructions for revocation of consent.
How iubenda can help
If you’ve activated cross-device capabilities via Google Signals you’ll need to add the Google Signals service and if you’ve activated any Google Analytics display advertiser features such as the use of demographics and interest data for your analytics report you’ll need to add the Google Analytics Advertising Reporting Features and Google Analytics Demographics and Interests Reports services. The Google Analytics clause is available for free, while other services require a Pro License.
Our Cookie Solution allows you to:
- obtain and save cookie consent settings;
- preventively block scripts prior to consent; and
- keep track of consent and save consent settings for each user for up to 12 months from the last site visit.