Compliance 101 – How to write Terms & Conditions
For this month’s topic highlight, we’ve chosen one of the most frequently asked questions: “How do I write terms and conditions?“.
Terms and conditions appear on almost every single website, but most people have little idea of what sort of information should go into these documents (aside from standard ‘disclaimers’).
In this short post, we break down the basics of what should go into your terms and conditions document.
Apple’s 2020 keynote places focus on privacy
In Apple’s recent keynote, the tech giant made several exciting announcements, including the intent to place extra emphasis on data privacy. We’ve compiled some of the top changes relevant to developers, included some exciting previews of iOS 14 and outlined how iubenda can help App developers to meet upcoming requirements.
Did you know that you can earn cash with iubenda?
Easily earn extra cash whenever you share your personal link with your friends, family, fans or community. In fact, being an iubenda affiliate has turned into a business for some people with the right audience. iubenda pays you a full 30% of the purchase and the person using your link gets 10% off. Your link can be shared via your own blog/site, email or social media.
SEMrush & iubenda: Which data laws are next and how the new privacy landscape will affect marketers
On July 28th, 11:30 am ET, in collaboration with SEMrush, we’ll be hosting a webinar on compliance specifically related to marketers. We’ll be discussing:
- Which data laws actually apply to marketers: CCPA, GDPR, Cookies and more
- A heads-up on which rules are coming next
- The impact on marketing
- How you can be prepared
If you’re a marketer, then this webinar is for you. The event is free. You can register or learn more about at the link below.
We have prepared the following webinars for you that cater to users of all levels — whether you’re a beginner or advanced.
At our webinars, you can ask our experts live and learn from others facing similar challenges on the route to becoming compliant. We also provide all attendees with useful resources after each webinar, so if you haven’t already, come experience it for yourself!
Reserve your spot by clicking the links below.
Thursday, July 2nd
Our Terms and Conditions Generator – Protect your business from potential liabilities →
Designed to cover everything about our new Terms and Conditions Generator.
Thursday, July 9th
Compliance for your website/app: Manage user consents and internal data processing for GDPR →
Everything you need to know about getting consent from your users and managing privacy for your company.
💡 Updates and improvements
Consent Solution: Legal notices tab added
We’ve added a “Legal notices” tab within the Consent Solution’s dashboard for your convenience. The new tab makes it extra easy for you to review details of each version of the legal notices present on your site when consent was collected.
The tab includes:
- an identifier for the legal notice,
- version number,
- timestamp of the update, and
- a link to the full legal notice.
Cookie Solution: Shorter default banner text
We’ve made the default banner text much shorter in an effort to simplify communication with the end-user. The banner text shown when the TCF is enabled remains unchanged to continue meeting IAB’s specific requirements. Read more →
Other updates, improvements, and announcements
We’re always updating and improving our solutions for you, our users. Here’s a quick look at some of our other updates, important features, and announcements.
- Cookie Solution Stats displayed by day. We’ve added a “by day” tab to the site analytics section of your Cookie Solution analytics. The new tab allows you to see a daily breakdown of the cookie consent you collect as it relates to your site traffic. Note: Site-specific statistics are only available for sites with more than 300,000 page views per month. More on Cookie Solution analytics here.
- Italy added as a region for AWS service. We’ve added Italy as an option for “place of processing” for Amazon Web Services, within the generator.
- Transparency & Consent Framework v2 cutoff date extended. IAB has modified its timeline and extended its implementation cutoff date from June 30th to August 15th. Full details here.
- Critical Cookie Solution fix. We’ve added a fix for a rare but severe security issue affecting all our plugins. More here.
We have also integrated/updated the following services, which are now available to our users from within the generator.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- LinkedIn conversion tracking (LinkedIn Insight Tag)
- Outbrain Custom Audience + Lookalike Audience + Conversion tracking
- OVH Storage and backup + Data Analytics
- MongoDB Cloud
- Wistia widget (Privacy Mode)
- Apple Sign In