There are two sides to this question from a legal perspective. But actually only one answer: YES.
- There is the legal side of it: Depending on where you are you may fall under European, American (Californian) or Australian privacy laws. The list could go on since most countries have some sort of privacy regulations that extend onto the web – and hefty penalties for non-compliance.
- An appropriate description of how you’re using remarketing or similar audiences to advertise online.
- A message about how third-party vendors, including Google, show your ads on sites across the Internet.
Read more about the AdWords requirements on the AdWords support page.
– What kind of personal data is collected
– Describe how this information will be used by the company.
– Describe how this information will be transferred to third party companies.
– Provide instructions on how users can modify or delete their personal information.
– Provide instructions on how users can opt-out of future communications.
Sample wording for Google AdWords Remarketing?
What do I do now?
You can either hire a lawyer, write your own policy or use iubenda’s generator right away to make your policy. The AdWords clause is a PRO service that you can easily access with a premium account. The Google Analytics clause falls under our free limits.
- Define the services and categories of data collection your site/app is making use of.
- Add the services (and categories of data collection like “have a contact form”) you are using to your policy. iubenda now takes care of your policy and generates it for you.
- You can either link to your policy or embed the text into your site/app.
Bonus: AdWords Conversion Tracking
As an additional clause to AdWords itself you will find a Google AdWords conversion tracking clause in your dashboard called “Google AdWords Conversion Tracking”.