Firebase/Google has relaunched a lot of its services and also added new services to the mix.
We had previously integrated Firebase and Firebase hosting and will now update the old services accordingly, as well as add new services where appropriate. Just some of the features of new Firebase are described below:
- Analytics – see user behavior and measure attribution from a single dashboard.
- Cloud Messaging – deliver and receive messages across platforms reliably
- Authentication – reduce friction with robust authentication
- Realtime Database – store and sync app data in realtime
- Storage – store files with ease
- Hosting – deliver web content faster
- Remote Config – customize your app on the fly
- Test Lab – test in the lab, not on your users
- Crash Reporting – keep your app stable
- Notifications – engage with users at the right moment
- App Indexing – drive organic search traffic to your app
- Dynamic Links – send users to the right place inside your app
- Invites – empower your users to share your app
- AdWords – acquire users with the reach of Google
The way Firebase works is: all of the above features work independently, but they also work well together.
The Firebase Analytics terms of service say the following:
and the Firebase Analytics Use Policy adds:
“You are required to notify your App Users by disclosing the following information:
- The Firebase Analytics features you have implemented.
- How you and third-party vendors use first-party cookies, or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies and similar technologies, such as identifiers for mobile devices (including Android Advertising ID and Advertising Identifier for iOS), or other third-party identifiers, together.
- How App Users can opt-out of the Firebase Analytics features you use, including through applicable device settings, such as the device advertising settings for mobile apps, or any other available means.”
Update July 2017: iubenda now has the following integrations regarding Firebase services:
- Firebase Authentication
- Firebase Cloud Functions
- Firebase Cloud Messaging
- Firebase Cloud Storage
- Firebase Crash Reporting
- Firebase Dynamic Links
- Firebase Hosting (old, updated)
- Firebase Invites
- Firebase Legacy (old, updated, now called Legacy)
- Firebase Notifications
- Firebase Performance Monitoring
- Firebase Realtime Database
- Firebase Remote Config
- Google Analytics for Firebase
Remember to add a new custom section with opt-out information for your users, if you implement any opt-outs. Read more about this topic in the Firebase documentation.
p.s. if you are using Google Analytics for Firebase, watch out, you’ll also need to follow the EU User Consent Policy, according to Google Analytics for Firebase Use Policy.