Quick Start Guide
- Sign up/Sign in and choose our clause called “KISSmetrics”;
There are two sides to this question from a legal perspective. But actually only one answer: YES.
- There is the legal side of it: Depending on where you are you may fall under European, American (Californian) or Australian privacy laws. The list could go on since most countries have some sort of privacy regulations that extend onto the web – and hefty penalties for non-compliance.
a) you use third-party service providers to provide certain analytics services to you in connection with your operation of such website, including the collection and tracking of certain data and information regarding the characteristics and activities of visitors to such website;
b) Visitors may opt-out of this analytics service by using KISSmetrics’ Opt-Out Feature;
c) you may disclose Visitor data, including Personally Identifiable Information, to certain such third-party services providers to obtain such services.
– What kind of personal data is collected
– Describe how this information will be used by the company.
– Describe how this information will be transferred to third party companies.
– Provide instructions on how users can modify or delete their personal information.
– Provide instructions on how users can opt-out of future communications.
Ideally you would tell the users what the service does in general and how you are using it.
What do I do now?
You can either hire a lawyer, write your own policy or use iubenda’s generator right away to make your policy. The KISSmetrics clause falls under our free limits.
- Define the services and categories of data collection your app/site is making use of.
- Add the services (and categories of data collection like “have a contact form”) you are using to your policy. iubenda now takes care of your policy and generates it for you.
- You can either link to your policy or embed the text into your app/site.