- If you want to read a more general overview of privacy policies in mobile apps then you can read that here
We have a slightly different flow in place for mobile privacy policies than for the web version:
- Use our generator for mobile apps;
- Possibly link to it from the app store;
- Possibly link to it from your website;
- Be happy.
- open your browser and visit https://appworld.blackberry.com/isvportal
- log in to the “Vendor Portal for BlackBerry World” using a user account with Admin role;
- select “Manage Account Details“;
How do you add a link in the Vendor Portal when updating apps?
- upload a new version of your app;
- you will be asked if something has changed, confirm that fact;
A lot of people ask for sample privacy policies for apps. Let’s start with the legal minimum requirements. A good starting point is the California Online Privacy Protection act (CalOPPA), and even better Europe’s minimum requirements since they are more refined.
CalOPPA minimum requirements
Provide info about the personally identifiable information (PII) like:
- a description of the types of PII collected and disclosed by the operator;
- a description of the process by which a consumer can access and request changes to his or her PII, if available;
- an effective date.
EU Privacy Directives minimum requirements
- who you are (identity and contact details);
- what precise categories of personal data the app wants to collect and process;
- why the data processing is necessary (for what precise purposes);
- whether data will be disclosed to third parties (not just a generic but a specific description to whom the data will be disclosed);
- what rights users have, in terms of withdrawal of consent and deletion of data.
- Define the services and categories of data collection your app is making use of.
- You can either link to your policy or embed the text into your app.