- If you want to read a more general overview of privacy policies in mobile apps then you can read that here
All our other guides can be found here:
- Use our generator for mobile apps;
- Embed it into your app or link to it from the app;
- Possibly link to it from the app store;
- Possibly link to it from your website;
- Be happy.
Now, Apple got very good at making these rules very clear.
When you visit the app page that the store generates for you, e.g.
A lot of people ask for sample privacy policies for apps. Let's start with the legal minimum requirements. A good starting point is the California Online Privacy Protection act (CalOPPA), and even better Europe's minimum requirements since they are more refined:
CalOPPA minimum requirements:
Provide info about the personally identifiable information (PII) like:
- a description of the types of PII collected and disclosed by the operator;
- a description of the process by which a consumer can access and request changes to his or her PII, if available;
- an effective date
EU Privacy Directives minimum requirements:
- who you are (identity and contact details),
- what precise categories of personal data the app wants to collect and process,
- why the data processing is necessary (for what precise purposes),
- whether data will be disclosed to third parties (not just a generic but a specific
description to whom the data will be disclosed),
- what rights users have, in terms of withdrawal of consent and deletion of data
1) Define the services and categories of data collection your app is making use of.
3) You can either link to your policy or embed the text into your app.