The Joomla! plugin by iubenda allows you to automate the implementation of the cookie law rules, drastically reducing the necessity for direct interventions in the site’s code.
- The iubenda Cookie Solution currently requires at least jQuery 1.4.4
- The plugin requires Joomla! 2.5 or above
- The plugin works better with versions of PHP 5.3 or later
- The plugin automatically adds the iubenda code to all the pages of a site (to the
- Automatically blocks:
- Google Maps
- Google AdSense
- Simplifies the management of the iubenda Cookie Solution for multilingual sites.
- Login to your Joomla! admin section (e.g. http://example.com/administrator/);
- Click on Extensions > Manage > Install;
- Upload the “iubenda-cookie-joomla-plugin-1.2.2.zip” file (click here to download).
- Click on Extensions > Manage > Manage;
- Search “iubenda” and enable the plugin.
How to add the cookie banner and modify settings
- Click on the item Extensions > Plugins;
Search “iubenda” and click on the plugin name (your can see what the interface looks like below):
Copy your Cookie Solution code from the Cookie Solution embed section of your iubenda account
(If you haven’t already generated your Cookie Solution code within your iubenda account, you can read more about how to do that here: introduction to the iubenda Cookie Solution)
Click on “Settings”, paste that code into the plugin form and save:
(Being PHP native, we recommend the primary, faster option for the parsing engine. If you’re experiencing some issues, try with the alternative based on a custom HTML DOM class)
In the example above we’re using the Safemode channel, however, you’ll need to copy the code specific to the channel that you’re using. In most cases Safemode will suffice, however, for example, if you have the IAB CMP Framework enabled, you’ll need to be on the Beta channel. You can read more about channels here.
You can read more about available prior blocking methods in the dedicated guide here.
= 1.2.2 =
Tweak: Update and unify iubenda parsing engine
= 1.2.1 =
Tweak: iubenda faster class regex update
= 1.2.0 =
Revamped admin interface
Improved iubenda script handling
Introduced experimental script blocking method
= 1.1.3 =
Fixed various bugs related to the new parsing engine introduced in 1.1.0
= 1.1.0 =
Intro of a new experimental parsing engine
Now detects Google maps automatically
= 1.0 =
First plugin version
We’re currently working on publishing the plugin in the Joomla! official repository. All updates related to this (and the plugin in general) will be sent via newsletter.
We’re always happy to receive feedback, the best option at the moment is our Uservoice forum.