As a matter of fact, when you sign up for Google AdSense, you consent to their terms and conditions which states under section “10. Privacy”:
- Who is the site/app owner?
- What data is being collected? How is that data being collected?
- What is the Legal basis for the collection? (e.g consent, necessary for your service, legal obligation etc.) – This is more specifically related to the GDPR and EU Law, however, even if you fall outside of GDPR obligations, under most countries’ legislations, you’ll still need to say why you’re processing the personal data of users.
- For which specific purposes are the data collected? Analytics? Email Marketing?
- Which third parties will have access to the information? Will any third party collect data through widgets (e.g. social buttons) and integrations (e.g. Facebook Connect)?
- What rights do users have? Can they request to see the data you have on them, can they request to rectify, erase or block their data? (under European regulations most of this is mandatory)
Our policies are created by lawyers, monitored by our lawyers and hosted on our servers to ensure that they are always up-to-date with the latest legal changes and third-party requirements.
The process is straightforward and intuitive:
- Add any service you may be using. In this case, it will be “Google AdSense”
- Fill out your web/app owner and contact details
Note: The AdSense clause is a PRO service that you can easily access with a premium account. The Google Analytics clause falls under our free limits.