- The module requires Magento 2.0.x or above
- The module works better with versions of PHP 5.5 or later
- The module automatically adds the iubenda code to all the pages of a site (to the
- Automatically blocks:
- Google AdSense
- Google Maps
- Simplifies the management of the iubenda cookie solution for multilingual sites
Firstly, copy the contents of the zipped extension folder to the required Magento directory:
The iubenda Cookie Solution module can be installed via any of these three methods:
1. Wizard installation
- In the admin panel go to System -> Web Setup Wizard -> Module Manager.
- Locate the
iubenda_cookiesolution and enable it.
Magento will now check your environment for the correct PHP version, PHP extensions, file permissions, cron and compatibility. You need to pass all checks in order to proceed.
After that Magento will ask about backup and after those preferences are set, you will be able to enable the iubenda module.
2. Manual installation
- Via an ftp client or your cpanel, go to /magento/app/etc folder and open config.php file. At the end of the file, add a single line of code: ‘iubenda_cookiesolution’ => 1 (exactly as written, right after the last extension code). Save the file.
- Now go to admin panel and refresh the cache (you can do it in System > Cache Management). Select everything on the list, use refresh action and click “Submit”.
3. Shell installation
This method requires access to the server shell.
- You simply need to type in “
php bin/magento setup:upgrade“. This command should do the trick. It checks all of the modules and launches schema installation or the updating process.
After the installation is successfully completed, go to Stores -> Configuration -> iubenda -> iubenda Cookie Solution. –(This is the place where you can configure our module).
- If, for some reason, the module does not seem to work, refreshing the cache will often solve the issue.