*Update: this is now allowed, but only on WordPress.com Business Plans – code limitations still apply to Free, Personal, and Premium Plans.
- Head to your dashboard and click on the website that you’d like to get the embed code for
- Once there, simply click on the “Direct Link” tab and copy the appropriate link
Integrate with WordPress.com
For this, you’ll need to go to your site admin area (usually something like yourwebsite.wordpress.com/wp-admin/ ).
This is how you’ll accomplish this.
In your WP admin in the sidebar, click on “links” and then “Add New” (seen at the top center-left):
Next, you’ll need to:
- Paste in the link taken from the iubenda generator dashboard in the Web Address field
- Add it to a category called something like About, if you already have one created, simply create one by clicking on + Add New Category, located in the lower section of the page (Bonus tip: select “_blank” in the Target section if you’d like the policy to open in a new tab)
- Now, click the Add Link button on the upper right of the page
Place the Links widget in the site footer
With that done, we simply need to place this link category within your footer. For this, find the Appearance link in your admin and then navigate to Widgets. In this window, you should now see the footer widget area. This is where we need to place the category containing our links.
- Drag the Links widget into your preferred footer-widget area
- Lastly, click the Save button and you’re done