The main resource for Privacy Shield is the site run by the US Department of Commerce, which you can find here. It has published ample documentation regarding the certification requirements for US businesses.
Here is a small, more general overview for the self-certification process:
- 1. Confirm Your Organization’s Eligibility to Participate in the Privacy Shield – more
- 3. Identify Your Organization’s Independent Recourse Mechanism
- 4. Ensure that Your Organization’s Verification Mechanism is in Place
- 5. Designate a Contact within Your Organization Regarding Privacy Shield
- 6. Review the Information Required to Self-Certify
- 7. Submit Your Organization’s Self-Certification to the Department of Commerce – more on these steps
If you’re interested in more details, and more specifically, how iubenda *could* help, read our Privacy Shield integration guide.