When do you need it? In general, you’ll likely need to set Terms & Conditions if you have app which participates in some form of commerce (whether selling to users directly or facilitating trading). Additionally, some specific instances where they might needed are where you:
- need to make legally required disclosures related to consumer rights (especially withdrawal and cancellation rights);
- have different user levels (eg. registered vs non-registered);
- your platform allows users to sell or trade with other users;
- facilitate or otherwise process payments and/ or other sensitive user data;
- want to set the rules for user behavior and state grounds for termination of accounts;
- participate in affiliate programs;
- provide a software or service which can potentially cause harm if misused;
- would like to have some legally enforceable control over, and set rules about, how your app may be used.
Particular emphasis should be given to account termination clauses, payment conditions and the limitation of liability clauses (and disclaimers).